Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Don't Forget to Flush?

"Another 14 year-old gives birth in the bathroom." What?! I don't know what disturbs me more, the use of the word "another" or the calm, smiley demeanor of the news anchor sharing the story. From what I can gather, the 8th grader tried to flush the baby, ultimately drowning the baby in the process. How does something like that happen? I'm not going to get all creepy, preachy, and soap-boxy but I just can't wrap my head around the following:

  1. How did her parents or teachers not notice that she was pregnant? I mean, I know Bette didn't notice that Tina was knocked up (get real Ilene). I mean, come on people, we're constantly looking for the next "baby bump" in OK magazine, but a 14 year-old pregnant girl waddling around a middle school we don't notice.


  2. Did she not have a single friend who was like, "Hmmm...she's prolly' going to pop that baby out sometime soon...wonder what she's gonna do...maybe I should tell somebody."


  3. You know that had to hurt like a bitch...did they not hear her in the f-ing school bathroom?


  4. Regardless of how young or scared she was, how could she possibly think that flushing an infant was a good idea?

This makes my heart hurt people. Truly it does.

In happier news, I read on Dooce that a baby kangaroo was saved by a dog. At least something is right with world.

No comments:

Post a Comment