Monday, November 10, 2008

Ummm...I Think I Forgot to Tell You Something!

I can't believe that I have been so wrapped up in my anxiety and family-mama drama that I forgot to mention the fact that I asked Em to marry me. So let me be kind and rewind for a moment.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Somewhere around 7:00 a.m. I quietly slipped out of bed and placed a brightly wrapped gift next to Emily as she slept. Then, smooth like Bond, I snuck back into bed to stare her awake. You know what I'm talking about...when you stare so hard at a sleeping person that their subconscious nudges them back into reality in an effort to give them warning that they are being watched. Of course my powerful stare-down worked, and Emily,woke up. So naturally, I snapped my eyes closed and pretended to sleep. This was how the morning of our engagement began. Oh yeah...like I said smooth like Bond...that's me.

All wrapped up!

Actually, when Emily finally did wake up, she gave me that beautiful smile that I love so much. This perfectly sweet smile is the exact reason why I chose to propose first thing in the morning. I know what you are thinking...sooo not romantic, morning-breath and whatnot. But this is when I love her best. Every morning when Em wakes up she gives me this amazing smile like she is seeing me for the first time. Like she has waited all night for this moment...to wake up next to me. Me...sometimes I feel that I do not deserve this kind of love...then I remember how AWESOME I am!

So, anyways, she discovers the package and gets super excited because she thinks I have gotten her a gift to celebrate the beginning of our summer off together.

Who loves a present more than my girl?!

She tears off the paper to find a scrapbook. Yes, you heard right folks. After buying The Complete Idiot's Guide to Scrapbooking, I spent the entire month of June compiling the last 3 months of our lives together into a genuine scrapbook.

Em checkin' out the scrapbook.

When she came to the end, she found her ring tied with a silver ribbon to the final page along with the words, "Today is the day I will ask you to marry me." After that, the rest is a blur. Completely overwhelmed by emotion, I got down on my knees and babbled on about my endless love for her, finally ending with, "Will you marry me?" The only thing about this particular moment that I do remember clearly is the look on her face and the sound of the word "YES" leaving her lips.


Em shows off her ring from James Avery.

If you think she looks happy, you should've seen me. The BEST day of my life!

We spent the morning together kissing and laughing about all of the things to come and how crazy it was that we had found our "person" our "bacon". This was followed by a delicious brunch with her moms (I had asked for their blessing earlier in the week and invited them to meet us as a surprise for Emily) and a couple of our friends at Baba Yega to celebrate. It was wonderful!

Brunch with family and friends.

Gabby and Amanda

Karon and Toni (Emily's Parents)


Emily with her moms.

My new family!

Future Runaway Bride?

More details to come...I promise!

Love-
The Sparkly Queen

Emily and me. God she is beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations! (just found u in Jenn's blog) ~ That's fantastic news and u girls look really happy (not to mention super cute together)! Bella

    ReplyDelete