Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving is a Time for Song

And now a Thanksgiving Day song just for you:

Gobble-Gobble who is that?
Mr. Turkey big and fat.

Gobble-Gobble what does he say?
"Eat me on Thanksgiving Day!"

OK, so it actually goes "meet me" instead of "eat me", but I just don't feel that it has that same ring. Or maybe it is supposed to be, "meat me." Hmmmm....the important questions in life.

Another thing that this little ditty has me thinking about...the word "Gobble." Is it a coincidence that the sound we attach to a turkey is also (according to Dictionary.com) defined as:

gobble
verb, -bled, -bling.
–verb (used with object)
1. to swallow or eat hastily or hungrily in large pieces; gulp.
2. to seize upon eagerly (often fol. by up): After being gone for so long, they gobbled up all the local news. –verb (used without object)
3. to eat hastily.

I think not. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


Love -
The Sparkly Queen

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I thought I was the only one up this early on Thanksgiving...not because I am cooking. Be not worried Emily's dad is going to love you. - Jenn

    ReplyDelete