- Turning thirty. Yes...the big 3 - 0.
- Getting married.
- Legally changing my last name.
- Piercing my labia majora.
Ok...number 4 was a lie...I just wanted to use the the words "labia" and "majora."
With that said, I feel the need to be super cliche and kick-off my year of blogs in 2009 by listing my resolutions...drum roll please!
1. PAY OFF MY DEBT: Of course this does not include my school loans or car, but close enough. I will also start saving, and I will stick to my budget.
2. GET HEALTHY, FIT, & SVELTE: I recently came to the realization that my grandmother died at 53 of heart-failure, and my mom lost her damn mind before she even made it to 50. I don't want to be dead or crazy-town-USA in 20 years or so big that I have to be cut out of my own house like that woman in the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I will change my lifestyle not for the opportunity to wear that slutty-out-of-style tube-top I bought on clearance for $10 at American Eagle back in 1998, but I will do it because I want to live a very long life for myself, for Emily, and the family we will one day have.
3. TALK LESS - PRAY MORE: Enough said.
4. COMMIT TO MY GROWTH IN IN AL-ANON: It's so totally way beyond time for that.
5. LOVE EMILY FIERCELY EVERYDAY: I am so blessed to have Emily in my life. I will never take a single day for granted.
6. USE THE WORDS "NO" TO MORE DRAMA AND "YES" TO MORE SEX: Ahhh..chica-chica ;)
7. TRY SOMETHING NEW: This could be anything from writing my memoir to brushing my teeth 3 times a day instead of 2.Wish me luck, and I look forward to sharing my year with you!
Lots of Love & Sparkles-
The Sparkly Queen
Em looking like a fly-honey! How could a girl not say "Yes!"