Friday, January 23, 2009

The Winds of Change

When exactly do the Winds of Change blow? (God SCORPIONS rock!) Cause I am pretty sure that they were hurricane strength during the month of January. Somewhere in the chaos, I lost my blog. Sorry about that...and thanks to those of you who did a little checking up on me.

Returning to my job after a 2+ months family medical leave of absence has been a bit of a challenge. Trying to figure out where to pick-up and definitely feeling the learning curve blues. In short, it's like I have shown up 45 minutes late for a marathon that I not only have to run and finish, but win. The people ahead of me are on 'roids, and I unfortunately still have a Twinkie in one hand....and are those weights around my waist? Oh...no...just my muffin-top. See what I'm sayin'?



So there has been that. In addition, I have been in search of some balance in my life. I'm seeing a dietitian, going to the gym, still adjusting my meds, attending couples therapy, individual therapy, getting financial guidance, trying a new church, starting a book club, running a social meetup site, trying to get ahead of the wedding planning, and last but not least still working on that mother-fucking detachment thing! As you can see, my search for balance during the month of January has turned into me digging a giant hole for myself. Now how am I supposed to run, finish, and win that damn marathon when I am in a GD hole?

I will figure this out. As a good friend pointed out, I need to PUT THE SHOVEL DOWN and stop digging my own grave. The shovel is down, but I may still be holding a spoon. The Winds of Change are still blowing, but the hurricane is over. I think I will step outside and enjoy the light breeze on my face.

Love & Sparkles-
The Sparkly Queen



2 comments:

  1. who is getting married?

    -alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. GD the Scorps kick major ass. Glad to see you on here again. Hang in there. Weez all running along with you and finishing IS winning. jc

    ReplyDelete