Friday, October 17, 2008

Code Pink in the Meat Department

So today I may not commit to exercise, but I will commit to blogging. As usual, I am on total overload and keep talking about being on some "edge"...the edge of what exactly? The brimstone and fire preaching of my youth keeps me from being suicidal. I already suffer from some form of pre-thirties menopause that gives me hot-flashes that make me want to run naked into the meat-freezer of the local H.E.B. No way could I handle Hell!

So back to the "edge." If not suicide then what?! Binge eating...not anymore. Those days of hiding in the parking garage with a sack of cheeseburgers and fries from good old McDonald's are over. I took care of that at a drive-thru in Mexico. Running away...too poor. Giving up...to guilt ridden. So what?!

Nothing. Truth is there is no edge. As we learned in first grade the Earth is round. Until God strikes me dead for my "life-style choice" or for failure to Go Green, I will keep putting one foot in front of the other. I know some days will be harder than others, but would it be too much to ask for a Mart-Cart every once in awhile?

No comments:

Post a Comment